PM
^
Haytham Crowe
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 08:11 PM

The Bold Raven
Member is: Offline

Character Profile
Player: Victoria

"He crawls to the cliff and plays on a brink Where every eye but his own would shrink; No music he hears but the seagull’s noise, And shells and weeds are his only toys. No lullaby can the mother find To sing him to rest like the moaning wind; And the louder it wails and the fiercer it sweeps, The deeper he breathes and the sounder he sleeps. "

Poem, child of the sea.

Chapter x: Bear's pride.
Note: DOHTML template isn't mine
thanks!
256 AL, summer

Standing upon the deck of The Harlot, I shouted at my men to drop anchor as soon as we reach the last place I want to be – Duskendale. But atlas, I am no immature child running off with little thought to the consequence…although that does not mean I have not done such ill-conceived thoughts before.

In my cabin I was sat quietly at my desk, gazing into space and just finding comfort in the sound of the waves. Anxiousness setting in, while I dare not admit it- I am afraid. Afraid of what sight might greet me once I open those doors. The last time I heard from Charlene face to face was on the kings Road, where we shared a momentary clash of words and conflicts, Charlene had the fool notion to take the children to the south and marry Aliser Lancell. I understandably hated the idea, considering she has more pride than that and Uleric would oppose it if he was still here. Sadly I could not persuade her to come with me instead, for she did not wish to toy with the idea of making her children beggars.

A little part of him did feel a little smug though, in little more than half a year I have acquired a ship and a crew and finally made it to Duskendale, not as a beggar like she envisioned…but a captain.

“Haytham.”

I blinked back into reality as my quartermaster and friend Nicoll demanded my attention “Aye?” I answered back to the tall tanned man, his features holding an expression of stern concern. “I wish to discuss something with you.” A raised a brow, wondering what could it be that troubles him. “Are you certain you wish to be here?” a masked the surprise on my face, am I truly that easy to read? Instead of confessing my reluctance to be here I answered the Essosian “Of course I do, I have not seen my niece and nephews for many moons.” And that was true, after parting ways with Charlene I did not wish to entertain the idea of returning a pauper for her satisfaction, instead I chose to prove her wrong.

END OF CHAPTER 2

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply Fast Reply New Topic New Poll 

AFFILIATES

SKIN MADE BY HAFSA/FANTOME AT ATF AND CAUTION.